Mountain Dance maintains a dress code for each class. Uniformity in dancewear allows the teachers to assess how well the students are implementing the technique being taught, problems with alignment, and other important aspects of dance training.
- Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, and other belongings in a dance bag. Please print your child’s name on the bag as well as on all of its contents.
- Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
- Watches, jewelry, and safety pins should not be worn to class.
- Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- Female students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face; in ballet a neat bun is preferred.
Black sweatpants, T-shirt, bare feet for boys, Leotard, pink tights (footless), bare feet for girls
Ballet (Pre-ballet & up)
Black sweatpants, white T-shirt, black ballet shoes for boys, black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes for girls
Black sweatpants, T-shirt, black jazz shoes for boys, Leotard or fitted tank top, capri’s or jazz pants, jazz shoes for girls level 2 – 6
Stretchy streetclothes or dancewear, low heeled tap shoes. Stretchy streetclothes or dancewear, low heeled tap shoes.
Black sweatpants, T-shirt, no shoes. Leotard or fitted tank top, dance capri’s or jazz pants, bare feet or foot thong
Hip-hop and Zumba
Comfortable clothes (not jeans) and clean sneakers. Comfortable clothes (not jeans) and clean sneakers.