Hello Mountain Kids Families!
We successfully navigated our first week of day camp, swimming, dance and gymnastics.
Summer 2021 is a bit different than previous summers. Following are highlights of our policies.
We kindly ask that you are 100% comfortable with our updated covid guidelines found below.
- Should any of our policies/information give you pause, we ask that you wait to enroll until you are more comfortable.
- Our faculty and staff continue to work tirelessly to create a safe and positive environment for our students and families.
We continue to approach each day with optimism and creativity as Mountain Kids continues to navigate the ever-changing landscape of corona virus. Your support, kindness and open communication is paramount to our success. This brings us to the subject of masks. The mask is controversial and, in all honesty, trying to keep up with the ongoing changes in policies is difficult.
Our initial plan was to allow individuals to make their own decision on wearing masks. however, it was called to our attention that mask is still mandated for anyone over age 12. The following text is directly from Larimer County Health Department.
Face coverings are required for certain individuals, age twelve (12) and older, in the following settings:
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated students, staff, and visitors to preschool through grade 12 schools (including extracurricular activities) and childcare centers and services, including comps, except while participating in outdoor activities.
This health order was issued on May 31, 2021, the day before we started our summer programs and quite honestly in our efforts to make sure our first week of camp went well was overlooked by myself, to the point that I published a note saying there would be no mask requirements at Mountain Kids this summer and thus leaving that decision up to individual staff, students and parents. I stand corrected and we now will be following the above highlighted 3rd Amended Public Health Order 20-38.
Overview of summer 2021 Corona Virus guidelines at Mountain Kids
- Please complete a passive health screen at home before bringing your student to class.
- Please adhere to our 100% wellness policy.
- We continue to encourage curbside drop-off/pick-up.
- Our waiting areas a small and the upstairs viewing area is being used by our day camp.
- We will continue to focus on hand hygiene upon arrival and before leaving the facility.
- Face masks are optional for fully vaccinated adults, students and staff members. Face masks for students are optional and we empower parents to make the decision regarding face masks for their student.